Monday, April 2, 2012

Twitter

We have many networking sites. Facebook, Myspace, and the new and upcoming networking site, Twitter.

I took a quick interest in Twitter. We talk about exigence and how when an event happens many people post a status on Facebook about how they feel about the situation. For example, when Joe Paterno died. So many people posted RIP and others wrote, "I still don't agree with what he did but RIP". Twitter is a way to let out how one feels when anything goes wrong.

Looking through some of my tweets, I read some that say, "kid sitting across from me close your mouth when you chew". This is a great example of how when the kid across from me was eating dinner so loud and I couldn't tell him to stop, and none of my friends were around. So I tweeted it. I let out how I was feeling before the opportunity was gone. Kairos and exigences at its finest. Actually, when going through other peoples twitters, I read tweets just like mine. In situations where they were uncomfortable or needed to say something it was clear in a tweet.
Here are some examples of tweets that I have tweeted that are great examples of exigence.

"and your not a bad ass quit acting like one" (I was mad at my friend and clearly could not say this to her face)


"Computer lab is so hot wtfff I need the ac" (I was in a class and wanted to scream from how hot it was in my classroom, and I couldn't, so i tweeted it instead.) 


"Dumb girl asked her friend if a nickle was 10 cents ... No. That wud be a dime" (I was in the study lounge, and as unbelievable as this tweet sounds, its true. I wanted to get up and tell the girl personally the difference between a dime, a nickel, a penny, and a quarter. I couldn't, so once again, I used exigence through twitter. 

If your a person who has a lot to say I highly recommend getting a twitter!

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you said that Twitter lets you get out how you are feeling before the opportunity is gone. I never thought about Twitter like this, but it really is an excellent form of kairos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I also really liked that you mentioned that Twitter allows you to comment on something before the moment is gone. I do not have a Twitter, but it seems to be viral thoughts of everyone in everyday situations which makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete